--Collection addresses harsh realities of pet bathing--
STERLING, ILL. (March 10, 2012) – Wahl has welcoming news for the millions of dog owners who bathe their pets. The company that helped shape the pet grooming products industry several decades ago is launching a full line of natural pet shampoos that, in addition to supporting demand for natural products, also addresses growing concerns of pet owners everywhere.
Pet owners have raised the red flag in recent years over the chemicals used in pet shampoos, leading to new web sites and forums dedicated to the issue. Realizing the need, Wahl has created a shampoo line formulated from 100-percent-natural plant-derived ingredients deemed safe for pets and pet owners. In addition, the new line is free of harsh detergents and chemicals unapproved for human use, including PEG-80.
According to Wahl, however, avoiding harsh chemicals and detergents is only half of the solution.
“Unfortunately, many shampoos on the market that contain harsh chemicals are also difficult to rinse off,” said Shay Moeller, home pet product manager for Wahl. “When the shampoo is not properly rinsed, it leaves a residue that can further irritate the skin—or worse.”
To address the need for better rinse-ability, Wahl shampoos contain more surfactants, a natural compound that adds viscosity for rinsing effectiveness. They also contain a higher concentrate, requiring only a small amount for effective cleaning. The end result is natural shampoos that remove dirt, dander and allergens from the skin—and do so without removing natural oils that promote a healthy coat.
By creating a shampoo that does not contain harsh chemicals and rinses effectively, Wahl is also helping to ensure that one of the most common treatment methods for dogs with skin allergies does not make the problem worse.
• Four In One: Formulated with lavender and chamomile to clean, condition, detangle and moisturize.
• Puppy Shampoo: Tear-free and formulated with cornflower and aloe to gently cleanse and protect delicate skin.
• Odor Control: Contains Mother Nature’s odor repellent--eucalyptus and spearmint--to clean and deodorize while also conditioning the skin.
• Oatmeal: Contains oatmeal, coconut, lime, aloe and lime verbena to soothe dry, itching, irritated skin and otherwise promote a healthy coat.
• Shed Control: Contains lemongrass, sage, oatmeal and aloe to reduce shedding and dander while leaving the coat clean and refreshed.
• Flea & Tick: Free of toxic chemicals and formulated with rosemary, mint and cedar oil to naturally repel fleas and ticks for up to a week.
Wahl pet shampoos have an MSRP of $6.99 and are available in an industry-leading 24 ounces, which deliver 70 percent more baths than standard 12-ounce bottles.
Now in its 93rd year, Wahl Clipper Corporation is an international industry leader in the manufacturing of products for the professional beauty and barber salon trade, consumer personal care and animal grooming. Headquartered in Sterling, Ill., Wahl currently employs some 2,000 people worldwide in Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, England, Germany, Holland, Hungary, Japan, New Zealand, Russia, South Africa, Spain and the United States. Wahl products are available in 165 countries around the world. For more information about Wahl, visit www.wahl.com.
Media Contact For More Information
Sharon Boeldt, (414) 225-9582