Relief and Innovation to Home Massagers
- Four new products mark increased commitment to growing the category -
STERLING, ILL. (March 6, 2011) – Wahl is shaking up the massager category with the addition of four new massagers targeting consumers in pain. A category leader in personal grooming, Wahl is bringing the same level of quality and durability back to the massager market. Wahl, the original massager expert, applied for personal massager patents as early as 1915 and has manufactured innovative massagers throughout the years. Wahl has a full line of therapeutic massagers for in home use.
The current massager market focus of relaxation has led to huge sales declines in the category over the past five years. Most current massager products emphasize relaxation, but the majority of consumers, nearly 60 percent, have used a massager to manage aches and pains. Research from the American Academy of Pain Medicine reports 76.2 million people suffer from chronic pain. In addition, 80 million baby boomers will be experiencing increased aches and pains in the years to come.
Targeted massage and the aid of vibration and heat therapy can relieve muscle tension and improve blood circulation. Several Wahl massagers offer vibration and heat that may be applied to everyday aches and pains. Wahl massagers also have customizable attachment heads to target specific
pain areas. The category has been lacking such handheld therapeutic massagers; however Wahl has several new options to turn the category around and help bring relief to decreasing sales.
In addition to Wahl’s top selling All-Body massager and Heat Therapy massager, the company offers four new products focused on therapeutic massage. The company’s superior design and long-lasting performance are features consumers have grown to expect from the brand.
Flex Therapy Rechargeable Massager
• The Flex Therapy rechargeable massager allows for all-over body massage. With a flexible neck and seven therapy attachments, it is one of the most versatile massagers on the market. The unit provides a customized massage for different areas of the body. Cord-free operation allows for use in any area of the home. The long-lasting rechargeable battery has over two hours continuous run time and offers full-size power to provide fast relief. The Flex Therapy rechargeable massager is available for an average retail price of $24.99.
Deluxe Therapy Therapeutic Massager
• Wahl’s Deluxe Therapy full-size corded massager offers a powerful massage experience. Three oversized attachments allow for a customized massage for different parts of the body – specializing in leg, back and shoulder treatment. Two speed variations provide fast and soothing relief or deep muscle penetration. Wahl’s Deluxe Wand full-size corded massager is available for an average retail price of $29.99.
Deep Tissue Therapeutic Massager
• The Deep Tissue percussion massager features four patented interchangeable heads to provide a customized, variable intensity experience ranging from deep tissue to a light, pulsing massage. The massager generates up to 3,350 pulses per minute, helping provide a more powerful experience. The massager is available for an average retail price of $49.99.
Heat Therapy Massager
• The all-new sleek design Heat Therapy offers nine attachments for a customized massage. Variable intensity plus a turbo setting allows consumers to dial in during use and heat settings to help address pain. The massager is available for an average retail price of $39.99.
More information about Wahl’s massagers is available at www.wahlmassagers.com.
Now in its 92nd year, Wahl Clipper Corporation is an international industry leader in the manufacturing of products for the professional beauty and barber salon trade, consumer personal care and animal grooming. Headquartered in Sterling, Ill., Wahl employs more than 2,000 people worldwide. Wahl products are available in 165 countries around the world. For more information about Wahl, visit wahl.com.
Media Contact For More Information
Sharon Boeldt, (414) 225-9582